Pennsylvania Child Custody Law

Serving Montgomery, Bucks, Chester and Philadelphia counties
I provide assistance with child custody and all other aspects of divorce throughout the Greater Philadelphia area. Child custody can be one of the most challenging and difficult aspects of your divorce case.

E-mail me or call me at (610) 275-8587 to learn more about the difference my representation can make in your child custody case.

In Pennsylvania, custody is determined based on what is in the best interest of the child. Of course, many divorcing parents have different ideas of what arrangements would be in the child’s best interest. To aid the court in determining the placement of your child, many cases require a child custody evaluation, which is a psychological evaluation of your family. A custody evaluation is oftentimes intimidating and as your lawyer, I can help make this process less threatening to you by guiding you through the steps of the evaluation process.

Child custody cases can be resolved in one of two ways. The first option is to resolve the dispute amicably by reaching an agreement with the other parent. Doing so may involve mediation. In reaching an amicable resolution, you may not get everything you want, but you will have more control over the resolution of your case.
Sometimes, an amicable resolution is simply not possible. In these cases, the matter has to be resolved through litigation in the courtroom. If your custody case needs to go to trial, we will work hard to ensure a resolution that is right for you and your child.

Child custody disputes do not always end when a divorce is finished. Sometimes, situations change and modification of the custody arrangement is required. Oftentimes, parents re-marry and must relocate out of the county or state. If you find yourself in this situation, we will explore all aspects of custody relocation law to assist you with your goals.

To learn more about your child custody case, schedule a meeting with family law attorney Deborah Zitomer, e-mail or call (610) 275-8587.